I am a neuroscientist.
I am an entrepreneur.
I am a venture investor.
My life's mission is to enable innovation, the kind relevant to the future advancement of our species.
I am committed to supporting visionary entrepreneurs who try to solve the hard problems, and who manage to stay true to their vision in a world that tries to make them just like everyone else.
As a scientist, I am intrinsically interested in cutting edge discoveries. Augmented reality, artificial intelligence and brain-machine interfaces, are just a few of those technologies whose integration in medicine can advance human health
My first AI investment was in 2011, I invested and exited one of the first wearable sensor companies, and I'm currently advising MediVis, an AR surgical navigation platform, which can literally overlay a MRI scan onto the patient live, in the OR. #thefuture
As someone battling a chronic disorder, I am a firm believer that if we have any hope of managing the complex, systemic, modern diseases, we must integrate lifestyle wellness into mainstream healthcare. I believe lifestyle is an important factor in the development of the modern systemic disorders, .... -role food, environment and consumer choices.
While at HBS, I co-founded Raw Is Everything, an organic wellness brand, featured amongst others in Glamour, Fast Company, Huffington Post.
As a VC, I believe that female founders should have equal access to capital and mentorship to execute on their ideas. I am committed to mentoring and investing in women-led startups.
In fact, 50% of my portfolio investments are in rockstar founders who happen to be female. Dr. Robin Berzin of Parsley Health is one of them.
My life story.
I am an immigrant. I came to the United States on my own at age 17.
Since then I have:
- Graduated Valedictorian with a 4.0 GPA from undergrad.
- Pursued a PhD from Columbia University, where my research in genome-wide neuronal cell fate specification won several national and international awards.
- Earned an MBA from Harvard Business School where I received the Kaplan Fellowship for outstanding business oriented life-science professionals.
- Invited as Speaker, Panelist and Judge for many nation-wide conferences and startup competitions including the Nationwide Healthcare Acceleration Challenge organized by Harvard Medical School-Harvard Business School, and Prize4Life's $1Million Award to find a cure for ALS.
- Currently serving as the Managing Director of Arkitekt Ventures, a venture fund specializing in improvemnet and advancement of human health via disruptive business models of care delivery and frontier technology applications to healthcare.